Monday, September 13, 2010

Read A Lot!

Before I actually filled out an application, I read a lot ... and I don't mean going through a bunch of sites ... I mean some major research.

When I applied, there wasn't a lot of information on the net.  Now, there are tons!  Literally!  You have blogs, forum pages, immigrant consultant sites.  Canadian immigration has taken a positive turn, and I believe this has to do with the pro-active stance the Canadian government has taken to help out newcomers.  Also, in 2008, new rules were released for skilled workers that effectively sped up the process.

I remember doing my initial research.  We were getting conflicting reports.  Immigrant consultants were everywhere trying to solicit new applicants.  I visited a couple in the malls, but never applied through them.  Basically, I wanted to know more because I was hearing news about how people were flying to Canada, and after 6 months or so, decided to come back home, dejected that their Canadian dreams didn't prosper.

Well, my research led me to my introduction to the efficiencies of the Canadian government that I mentioned in my first post.  I found the CIC Website.

I found most useful these sub-links to answer my questions: (Because the actual process has changed since my initial application, I'm putting links to the current pages instead, rather than having to put a disclaimer on every post.)

Question 1:  Am I eligible?
Question 2:  What is the process of applying to be an immigrant?
Question 3:  How much will it cost? Can I afford it?
Question 4:  Can I afford the move?

No comments:

Post a Comment