Monday, September 13, 2010

Introduction (and Disclaimer)

Disclaimer:  I am not an immigration expert or licensed consultant.  If you are reading this looking for advice, I recommend you go to a licensed professional or the proper authorities. Anyone reading this should not expect that his/her experience will be the same or similar to mine  --  not in time frame, process, contacts, or resources.  The purpose of this blog is simply to share my personal experience with others who are doing some personal research on this subject, or who are interested in sharing from their own experiences.


One thing that I realized is that Canada's policy welcoming immigrants is apparent in the online systems they have put in place for potential immigrants, newcomers, and citizens.  Everything is online.  Everything is easily found.  There is a vast amount of information out there to help us.

There are various tracks to migrating to Canada.  I am by no means an expert and I do not claim to be one.  I obtained my immigrant visa as a Federal Skilled Worker, a class that has recently undergone a number of changes, and recently has been capped to a fixed number annually.

If you are interested in knowing more about migrating to Canada, here's the link to the Canadian Immigration website.

Citizen and Immigration Canada (CIC) Website - http://www.cic.gc.ca


Do your research.  There are a lot of scammers out there.  Don't be a victim.  Be informed.

If you finally decide to apply for immigration, then I wish you my best!  It will be the start of a new adventure, a new life, and experiences!  Enjoy the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment